Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tuesday with OL

I mentioned earlier that my friends tease me about being 80 at heart. They are not entirely off the mark, as demonstrated by the fact that I'm currently making a quilt. Behold the master plan:


I should specify that the quilt is not for me, but for an expecting couple that The Pit and I know. They refuse to find out the sex of their baby, but I figure whichever way it turns out, they can fold the quilt for the proper color configuration. I mean, babies are pretty small, and despite the Internet's insistence that this is the proper quilt size for a crib, I have my doubts.

Anyway, OL and I had a quiet day at her house yesterday, so I brought a couple of squares to sew together while she read her newspaper. OL took a keen interest in my activity, and wondered whether I had ever made a quilt before. When I confessed that I had not, she came out with the following gem:

"How much time you putting in dis thing, and den when it don't come out goot, whachya goin' to do? Goin' to hafta throw dis out. Tsk, tsk, tsk, such a shame, all that wasted time!"

However, her confidence in my abilities notwithstanding, this morning she apparently had a small change of heart, and told me that she hoped to live long enough to see how my 'crafts project' turns out. I tell you, this job gets better and better every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment