Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Pit Called This Manipulation

Fuzzy was having an off day - he didn't nap well, he wouldn't eat, and he generally spent most of his time whining.  When he wasn't whining, he was either refusing to be put down, or squirming like he wanted to be dropped.  I was working from home, and it took both Maya and I to manage him and get anything done.

So toward the end of the day, Maya was making dinner and I was holding him on my lap on the couch.  He had finally settled down a little, his head resting on my shoulder.

I put my lips by his ear, and whispered tenderly, "You've been such a booger today...but I love you anyway."

And wouldn't you know it, he whipped his head around, planted a wet smooch right on my cheek, and grinned.

Needless to say, all was forgiven.

3 comments:

  1. You did not call him a booger. Did the Pit put you up to this? Are you not allowed to swear at the baby?

    Also, brava on the recent blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually only call him an asshole behind his back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you had a dog instead, you could call him an asshole to his face. I do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete