Saturday, June 6, 2009

True Blood

Since Dina hasn't posted anything for many a week...ahem...I will take up the mantle of recommending stuff. Specifically, if anyone out there is looking for entertainment of the DVD variety, I suggest you go and rent Discs 1-5 of True Blood.

Yes, it is about indeed about vampires, and although there was some initial skepticism from both of us at Blockbuster,* I'm glad that The Pit and I ultimately agreed to rent the first couple of episodes. We've now gone through the first season in a week, and are pretty psyched that we get 6 months of HBO for free, because the second season is slated to start next Sunday.

I will admit that as a result of the show, I now have to deal with random outbursts of Southern-accented yelling from my partner in crime, but this is a cross I'm willing to bear.

A word of warning: do not research True Blood on Wikipedia, it is a plethora of spoilers.

---
* I was alarmed that the show might involve actual horror, while The Pit was more concerned that it would resemble Twilight. Happily, the show has little gore and less teenage romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment