Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another Gift from OL

So today OL offered to give me what I think was possibly a bedpan.

I quote: "I gots so many of these at the hospital, want one?"

Now, I'm not 100% positive this was a bedpan...however, it was plastic, rectangular, and about the size of small shoebox. And she got it at the hospital. She currently uses these things to hand-wash her delicates, so it's possible they were...um...food trays of some sort? Used for foot baths? ... I'm pretty much drawing a blank on what this object could have been used for at the hospital. Med school friends, feel free to chime in.

ETA: Okay, I got curious and wikied bedpans, and the plastic thing she offered me did not look like any of these. However, check it out, the future is here: ergonomic bedpans!

2 comments:

  1. the cutaway/animated penis GIF is a bad, bad idea.
    I have no idea what you received, but when I was there, I got a pink plastic thing at the hospital (for no discernible reason) which was the size of a large shoebox. And I now use it to put water for my cats in. Max likes to put hairties in it. I also got a jellybean shaped pink plastic thing, which I think was meant for me to vomit into. That is all I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to note that I didn't actually receive this, because at the time, I thought she was offering me a bedpan. While I like to make OL happy by accepting her presents, this would have been going a step too far.

    Your kitty water dish sounds like what OL was waving around though.

    ReplyDelete