1) "Oh Sprout!" is Fuzzy's most helpful response when Sprout kicks something, grabs at a toy Fuzz is holding, falls on the floor and cries, etc. Less helpful responses include coming over and shoving his brother and grabbing the toy back so hard that Sprout falls over. "Oh Sprout!" is a good one though. Occasionally it even lets Mama know that the little one is doing something dangerous.
2) We've also seen some very heart-warming interactions from Fuzzy. When Sprout has hurt himself, I've witnessed Fuzzy come over, pat him on the back, and softly whisper ,"Shhh, Sprout, shhhh - it's okay." When I was gone for a business trip, The Pit also put both boys together in one bed, and Fuzzy repeated the same gentle patting and whispering when his brother was having a hard time falling asleep.
3) "Ow ow ow!" is another recent favorite saying, especially when nothing is hurt. I'm not sure what that's all about, but I'm guessing preschool is the culprit.
4) We were going to go on a hike with my sister and brother-in-law once the kids woke up from naps. Of course, on this particular day, Fuzzy woke up super grumpy, and cried as we were getting him dressed, in the car, and as we were putting him in the hiking backpack. Somewhere about mid-hike, the kid started to feel better, and post-hike, was in great mood. On the way down the hill he asked me, "Mama, why was I so grumpy in the car?" Kid, I wish I knew.
5) The Pit has been wanting to start Fuzzy on board games for a while, and I kept telling him that Fuzz was much too young. Well, turns out Mama was wrong on this one. Father and son played Candy Land with much joy for the first time this month. Two peas in a pod.
5 years ago