4 years ago
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
1) Sprout continued his domination of gross motor development this month, learning to pull himself to a standing position on virtually any surface, crawling up the stairs, and *finally* mastering sitting. He can now even stand for approximately one second completely unsupported.
2) The baby is putting all his motor skills to good use...when Fuzzy starts getting rough, Sprout now eyes him askance, starts whimpering, and then quickly crawls to me to get away from his brother.
3) In a surprising development, Sprout's eyes appear to be changing color. When his eyes stayed blue all through his 6th month, I figured that was just going to be his final color, and was pleased that one child had inherited my coloring. But in the last month, he's lost most of the blue and gained a little green, leaving his eyes a sort of blueish, greenish, grayish color not easily described to others. We'll just have to wait and see if they stay this way, or shift all the way to brown eventually, as The Pitt insists will happen.
4) About a week ago, Sprout started to really babble. His first consonant is definitely 'b' - he says either "blah blah blah" or "ba ba ba" or "bum bum bum" depending on his mood. It may be wishful thinking, but I believe I've also heard a "ma ma ma" noise, although this is far less frequent and I can't get him to repeat it ever.
5) It's not a new development, but I'm not sure I've written about Sprout's love of smooches before. He loves it when we hold him and kiss him, especially when the kisses are accompanied by loud smooching noises. He will always react with a smile when that happens, and if he's in an especially agreeable mood, smooches can sometimes elicit peels of laughter.